Garrison's Maps

A sampling of the stuff I work on for University Graphics / Creative Concepts, in Hoover, Alabama ... and anybody else that wants me to draw a map for them.

Monday, August 20, 2007

Greenville, AL

At long last, it's done! Apologies to anyone who had to wait on this. I had to stop in the middle and do a whole 'nother map. Now without further ado, I'm happy to present Greenville, Alabama:

Click the image for a larger view. I think this map is one of my very best (along with Monteagle, Tennessee). It's got painterly colors, appealingly distorted buildings, and townsfolk. This is the first time I've gotten to put factoids on a map, which I think are a really nice feature. This is also the first time I've tried to be more specific about my tree types. Usually I just draw some generic deciduous trees, maybe peppering the map with a few generic evergreens. I do that by making them Christmas tree-shaped. This time, I made an effort to draw the actual trees that would be found in the area - oaks, loblolly pines, shortleaf pines, and a couple of hickories. I don't really know my trees, so I'm not sure how well I did.

Here are some close-ups. If you want a better view, just click below:

1 Comments:

  • At 7:50 AM, Blogger Heath said…

    Yes sir! This has got to be my favorite one. Everything feels so nice. The colors flow through out the page. You definitely, I think, have mastered Painter X!

    Excellent piece,Chris!! I hope they're paying you zillions of dollars! This is beautiful.

    Also, I like the little people you've added around the map. This is very fun to look at.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home